Kale casserole recipes are a great way to add more kale into your diet and make everyone at home have their kale intake. This leafy green may not be the favorite of picky eaters, but the cool thing about kale casseroles is that they are super versatile, and even the young ones at home will love it. So, today we’ll be sharing with you different kale casserole recipes for you to choose your favorite.
Numerous recipes of kale casseroles that you can choose from that we are certain will satisfy even the most demanding palates. Kale is a pretty versatile vegetable, it’s delicious when cooked right, and it just so happens to be one of the healthiest veggies out there; it is widely acclaimed for being a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, iron, vitamins C and K, and has so much more to offer to our overall health.
With kale casserole recipes, you can use ingredients like apples, cheese, sausage, or beef; we assure you there is at least one recipe for everyone! So if you’ve made up your mind and decided that this is the year you’ll start adding more veggies to your diet, kale needs to be on that list. And to encourage you even further, take a peek at these super easy and delicious kale casserole recipes.
Looking for a delicious and filling kale casserole recipe? Look no further because this ground beef and kale casserole are super comforting, satisfying, and delicious. It is super easy to make, you can add as much kale as you like, and even the youngest ones will love it.
Even if you don’t like kale that much and prefer other leafy greens, you will keep making this casserole. There’s something different about it, imagine pizza or lasagna-like flavors along with the cheese, and you won’t even believe that this recipe has kale in it.
This yummy cheesy ground beef and kale casserole also include tomato sauce, garlic, and oregano -all in just 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 6 oz chopped fresh kale
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 X 13-inch baking dish.
- Cook your ground beef, stirring to break up and crumble the beef.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
- Stir in the marinara sauce in batches, stir the kale into the mixture. Turn the heat off. Stir 4 oz of the cheese into the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 4 oz of cheese on top.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 10-15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 751Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 1769mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 12gProtein: 84g
Looking for a meatless casserole recipe? This one has your name on it! Brown Rice Cheddar Kale Casserole is superb comfortless the meat and best part you can play with the grains and the greens.
This version is made with kale, but you can also make it with spinach, Swiss chard, or broccoli raab. The cool thing about this recipe is that you can freeze them and have them available when needed if you have any leftovers.
The key to this recipe is to cook your brown rice the way you like it. After you cook it, drain thoroughly in a sieve, and the result will be beautiful, fluffy brown rice.
- 2 Tbps canola oil plus more for oiling baking dish
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced to create 12 slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking dish such as a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, reduce heat to medium and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and kale. Continue cooking, often stirring until the kale is wilted. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Add the brown rice and Cheddar cheese. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Stir in eggs and milk.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Top with sliced tomatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until set.
This recipe is definitely a creative way to use kale and a smart way because it is delicious and nutritious. The combination of cheese and kale results in a cheese casserole that will surely satisfy your cravings for something tasty and filling.
And just when you thought it couldn’t get any better, little pieces of sausage add wholeness, providing that perfect firm texture.
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped summer sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 packages frozen cut kale, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, combine cream, sausage, and garlic; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in kale.
- Add bread crumbs and cheese; toss to combine.Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 639Total Fat: 55gSaturated Fat: 33gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 754mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 15g
You won’t believe how simple it is to make this delicious and super healthy chicken and kale casserole. If you are a kale lover, this recipe is a must, and if not, you need to try it; it is easy, and you will love the combination of ingredients.
This hearty and healthy baked pasta dish has classic flavors made into a tasty casserole, perfect for a healthy, filling, and nutritious dinner.
This casserole isn’t only about kale; you have the protein addition, which makes it around a meal. You can also play with your ingredients depending on your personal preference; for instance, you could add cream, salt, and pepper to the kale mixture and season the chicken before adding it to the mixture.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound large pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, diced medium
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches kale, stems removed
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 container part-skim ricotta
- 3 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup Parmesan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain; return to pot.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is beginning to soften, 4 minutes. Add kale, cover, and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to pot with pasta.
- Stir in chicken, ricotta, lemon zest, and 1/2 cup Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; top with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake until the top is golden, 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 505Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g
Would you like to know how to make delicious Kale Noodles Recipes.