Have you been wanting to incorporate kale into your diet but have been scared to do so? Making a kale wrap is a great way to start! Kale is widely acclaimed for being a rich source of antioxidants, calcium, iron, vitamins C and K, and has so much more to offer. The reason why today, we’ll be telling you all about different kale wrap recipes for you to choose from.
Kale wrap recipes are simple, easy, delicious, and healthy; you can not get all those in one quite often, so you should definitely try them. A wrap with veggies and specifically this leafy green doesn’t mean it is boring or tastes bad. With the vast health benefits of kale, you’ll be doing yourself a big favor by adding kale wraps into your diet.
There are quite a few ways to enjoy kale wraps; it is especially a great food option for vegans. But you don’t need to be vegan to enjoy a delicious kale wrap. You could make it spicy, you could add honey and cheese, or you could even make it a kale Caesar wrap, you can also enjoy kale salads. The thing here is that you can have fun with the ingredients and make it your very own creation. In the meantime, here are a few of the best kale wrap recipes we could find for your enjoyment.
Kale Wrap Recipes
CUCUMBER KALE WRAP
For all the cucumber lovers, you will absolutely love this recipe. A delicious zesty peanut sauce accompanies this wrap for that extra kick of flavors. You can use the sweet-tart peanut sauce drizzled inside the wrap and also used as a flavorful dip.
The crisp and refreshing cucumber noodles and the kale leaves make this wrap crunchy, satisfying, and super refreshing. In less than an hour, you can have lunch or a light dinner ready. This recipe makes four servings, and it’s only 298 calories.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 tsp plus pinch sea salt, divided
- 4 large curly kale leaves, washed, patted dry and tough stems removed
- 1 cup BPA-free-canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 pinches each ground black pepper and chile powder, divided
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 11/3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted creamy peanut butter (TRY: Once Again Organic Peanut Butter Creamy No Salt)
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp raw honey
- Pinch ground ginger
- Make your cucumber noodles using a spiral slicer and place noodles in a colander over a bowl; sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and let sit for 10 minutes to drain liquid.
- On a flat surface, lay each kale leaf flat. In a medium bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork and season with a pinch each salt, black pepper, chile powder, and cumin. Divide chickpea mixture among kale leaves and spread in an even layer to within 1 inch of edges.
- Over chickpea mixture, layer cucumber noodles, bell pepper, cabbage, tomatoes, sprouts, and cilantro.
- To a mini food processor or blender, add garlic, peanut butter, tamari, lime juice, honey, ground ginger, and the remaining pinch of each black pepper and chile powder. Add 1 tbsp water; process until smooth. Add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle 1 tsp peanut sauce over ingredients on each kale leaf. Fold in sides of each kale leaf and roll up like a burrito; secure with a toothpick. Slice each wrap in half and serve with remaining peanut sauce.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 389Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 935mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 12gSugar: 18gProtein: 17g
TURKEY KALE WRAP
Imagine having a heart-healthy, low calorie, low fat, high-fiber, dairy-free wrap? Well, you can, with this super healthy and delicious kale turkey wrap! And the best part is that it will only take you literally ten minutes!
That and a few ingredients are all you need to make this awesome lunch option.This recipe is low in calories because instead of bread, you’ll use kale leaves to wrap your filling. Lacinato, also known as Tuscan kale, is recommended for this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 medium lacinato kale leaves
- 3 slices deli turkey
- 6 thin red onion slices
- 1 firm-ripe pear, cut into 9 slices
- Mix cranberry sauce and mustard in a small bowl spread on kale leaves.
- Top each leaf with a slice of turkey, 2 slices of red onion, and 3 sliced pears.
- Roll each leaf into a wrap.
- Cut each wrap in half.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 393Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 1365mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 16gSugar: 36gProtein: 23g
GRILLED KALE WRAP
Looking for a kale wrap recipe for tonight’s dinner or an easy peasy lunch? Then look no further because this grilled kale wrap tastes amazing and is super quick and easy to make. You’ll be happily surprised at how flavorful these wraps are, and all it takes is three key ingredients: kale, red bell pepper, and homemade mashed chickpea hummus.
The secret to this kale grilled wrap is that it is paired with chunky and yummy homemade hummus that makes this nutrient-dense meal a complete success.
You can easily prepare the wraps and your hummus in just minutes, which promise is way better and lower in fat than the store-bought version. With this recipe, you can make at least four wraps, and if you have any leftovers, then you have yourself tomorrow’s lunch.
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 cups chopped Tuscan kale
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas and add them to a large bowl along with lemon juice, salt, tahini, and a clove of very finely minced garlic. Use a large fork or potato masher to mash the chickpeas until all the ingredients are incorporated but still somewhat chunky.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add one red bell pepper that’s been sliced into sticks along with a splash of water (no oil needed). Give this 2-3 minutes on its own to begin browning before adding 6 cups of chopped Tuscan kale.
- Give this another 3-5 minutes until the kale is just starting to reduce. Remove from the heat and scoop all of the chunky hummus right into the pan. Take a moment to mix until the hummus is evenly incorporated into the kale and red pepper.
- Warm your tortillas until they are bendable, then divide the filling between the 4 tortillas and roll each like a burrito. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 384Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 653mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 15gSugar: 9gProtein: 17g
CHICKEN CAESAR KALE WRAP
This is another kale wrap option that makes a perfect light meal in just about half an hour. You could also make this recipe to prepare for lunch the following day, and you have yourself a perfect on-the-go lunch option.
This chicken and kale wrap is made using multi-grain wraps, kale, chicken breast, and turkey bacon and paired with a Caesar dressing to die for, which is also a lighter and vegetarian-friendly version!
- 1 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 4 multi-grain wraps
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups kale
- Add all Caesar dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined.
- Cook chicken and shred it apart with two forks. At the same time, fry turkey bacon in a pan on med-high heat for 5-7 min until well cooked.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken, 1 slice turkey bacon, red onion, and 1/2 cup kale to a large bowl and toss with about 1/4 cup Caesar dressing.
- Add to the middle of each whole wheat wrap. Fold two edges of the wrap, then roll over with one of the free sides. Squeeze ingredients inside and roll up into a wrap. Enjoy!